Peppersmith is a trading name of Freshly Cut Ltd, company number: 06880196.
Peppersmith makes and sells confectionery and is bound by UK and EU laws and regulations covering mail order goods and services. These include, but are not limited to, the Sale of Goods Act, the EU Distance Selling Regulations and the EU Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications. We will not sell or knowingly pass your details on to anyone else. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
We may make changes to this Website and Terms and Conditions from time to time by removing or adding any part without prior warning. Your continued use of this website will be deemed acceptance of these changes.
Intellectual property rights
Unauthorised use of words and images from this website is copyright theft so please don’t do it. If you want to use any of it, please ask by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re sure we’ll be happy to help.
Third party links
If we share a link to something on a third party website, it doesn’t mean that we endorse the whole website and therefore you acknowledge and agree that we are not to be held responsible for the content of any such sites.
We reserve the right to deny a comment on any blog post if we feel the content is inappropriate.
By creating a user account on this site to Peppersmith via the checkout on this Website, you are deemed to have read and fully accepted these Terms & Conditions, including changes we may make from time to time.
We hope our Terms and Conditions make sense. If you’d like to have a chat about them then please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or by calling 02087882080.
Updates to our Policy in May 2018.
- Included more detail on the specific data that we hold about you and how we store this data
- Detailed the different scenarios in which we would process your data and our legal basis for doing this (e.g. when you create an account)
- Explained how we may use your data for marketing purposes, if we have your permission to contact you on this basis
- Included a summary of your data protection rights
1. Information we collect and receive
When you use the Site, we collect and retain information that you, as a dental professional, provide to us through the Site. We will never sell, rent, or give these details to anyone for marketing purposes. The only time we will share any of your data is for the purpose of sending out your sample order, on occasions when we do not do this from our own office. In this case, your data will only be shared be with our named warehouse provider at that time.
Under EU regulations, you have the right, at any time, to ask what data we hold about you and how we process it. We will be very happy to give you some more information, just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02087882080.
Information that you may provide us:
- Full name, dental practice name and postal address
- GDC number
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Account username if you set one up in order to do CPD (which may be your email address). Note that for security purposes, we do not hold your password data (we can help you reset it if you lose it though).
2. Information uses
We collect your data either to send you out samples at your request, so that you can access our CPD training module or to send you email communications (if you opt-in to receive these). Here is some more detailed information on why and how we use your information:
- Requesting samples from us
- Creating an account in order to take our CPD module
You will be given the option to opt in to receive our emails on our website. We never want to send you any emails that you don’t want, so you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of any email we send you.
If you have any questions about any of this, then you can email us at email@example.com. We’ll be very happy to give you some more info.
3. Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are small data files which contain information about your online behaviour. They are issued to your computer when you visit a website.
As you browse our Site, online ad networks we work with may place cookies on your computer and use similar technologies to understand your interests. . This is all done anonymously and will tailor more relevant ads to you.
If you don’t want tailored advertising, you can visit this page to opt out of most companies that engage in this advertising (this will not prevent you from seeing ads but ads will not be delivered through these targeting methods
4. Legal basis for processing personal information
We will normally only collect personal information from you in these scenarios:
a) to send out samples when we receive a request from you
b) when you create an account to take our CPD module
We may have other legitimate reasons to process your data from time to time and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. We will only ever process your data or get in touch if we absolutely have to, if we don’t have your explicit consent to do so.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 02087882080.
We will only ever send you marketing emails if you have opted in to receive these from us. We will never share your data with anyone else.
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any email. Or you can email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to take you off the list.
6. Data retention
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it.
7. Your rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can edit your personal information at any point by logging in to your user account (if you have set one up) and changing it there.
- You can object to the processing of your data at any time or request that any data we hold about you be deleted. To do so just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02087882080
- You can ask us what information we hold about you at any time, just use the contact details above to get in touch
- You may unsubscribe from marketing email communications at any time by following the Unsubscribe link in the email communication itself, or by getting in touch with us and we will remove you from the database