Updates to our Policy in May 2018
- Included more detail on the specific data that we hold about you and how we store this data
- Detailed the different scenarios in which we would process your data and our legal basis for doing this (e.g. when you place an order with us)
- Explained how we may use your data for marketing purposes, if we have your permission to contact you on this basis
- Included a summary of your data protection rights
1. Information we collect and receive
When you use the Site, we collect and retain information that you, as a customer or potential customer, provide to us through the Site. We will never sell, rent, or give these details to anyone for marketing purposes. The only time we will share any of your data is for the purpose of processing your order, and this will be with our named warehouse provider at that time.
Under EU regulations, you have the right, at any time, to ask what data we hold about you and how we process it. We will be very happy to give you some more information, just email email@example.com or call us on 02087882080.
Information that you may provide us whilst using the site:
- Full name and postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Account username (which may be your email address). Note that for security purposes, we do not hold your password data (we can help you reset it if you lose it though).
Note that we do not hold any payment card data.
2. Information uses
We collect your data either to process orders that you have placed or to send you email communications (if you opt-in to receive these). Here is some more detailed information on why and how we use your information:
Creating an account:
You will be given the option to register an account with us on our website with a username and password. Registering an account is optional for one off orders and is intended to speed up the purchase process when you buy from us again. If you set up a subscription, you will need to create an account with us, this is so that we know where to send your orders each month. We will hold your email address on our database, but we do not hold your password.
Placing an order:
When you place an order from the Site, you will be asked to fill in your billing/shipping addresses, name and email address. This information will be stored on our database and your shipping details will be shared securely with our named warehouse partner who will dispatch your order. This information is only ever used to process orders. Your email address will be used to send you updates about your orders, e.g. when it has been dispatched.
If you are placing an order over the phone, we will ask for your consent to use your data before we create an order on our system.
You will be given the option to opt in to receive our emails on our website. We never want to send you any emails that you don’t want, so you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of any email we send you.
If you have any questions about any of this, then you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We’ll be very happy to give you some more info.
3. Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are small data files which contain information about your online behaviour. They are issued to your computer when you visit a website.
As you browse our Site, online ad networks we work with may place cookies on your computer and use similar technologies to understand your interests. This is all done anonymously and will tailor more relevant ads to you.
If you don’t want tailored advertising, you can visit this page to opt out of most companies that engage in this advertising (this will not prevent you from seeing ads but ads will not be delivered through these targeting methods). If you’d like more information about cookies then just click here to go to the Information Commissioner’s advice page.
4. Legal basis for processing personal information
We will normally only collect personal information from you in these scenarios:
a) to process an order/perform a contract with you
b) when we have your consent
c) where the processing of your data is in our legitimate commercial interests and not overridden by your legal rights.
In relation to point c), this means that may process your personal information if we need to respond to a query from you, contact you about any necessary website changes or for detecting/preventing illegal activities.
We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. We will only ever process your data or get in touch if we absolutely have to, if we don’t have your explicit consent to do so.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or by calling 02087882080.
We will only ever send you marketing emails if you have opted in to receive these from us. We will never share your data with anyone else.
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any email. Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to take you off the list.
6. Data retention
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to process your orders or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it.
7. Your rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can edit your personal information at any point by logging in to your user account (if you have set one up) and changing it there.
- You can object to the processing of your data at any time or request that any data we hold about you be deleted. To do so just email email@example.com or call 02087882080
- You can ask us what information we hold about you at any time, just use the contact details above to get in touch
- You may unsubscribe from marketing email communications at any time by following the Unsubscribe link in the email communication itself, or by getting in touch with us and we will remove you from the database
8. Changes to our policy